INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information from you:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our App and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our App including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access, so we may compile statistics relating to your use of the App, such as monitoring the most popular listings on the App.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and kept for the duration of your use of our service. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data when transmitted to our App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The App may give you access to message boards, forums or chat rooms from time to time. You acknowledge and agree that any personal data published by you using these features is at your sole discretion and is accessible by the public.
If your personal details change you may update them by accessing the relevant page of the App. If you have any questions about how we use data collected which relates to you, please contact us by sending a request by email to the contact details below.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our App is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To manage your account, including processing payments and refunds and providing notifications.
In addition to the above uses we may use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to notify you about goods or services which may be of interest to you.
For such uses we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) if you have consented to such communication when we collect your data. OR if the contact relates to goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction with you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in applicable Indian Law (where applicable).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our App Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of WATSCOOKING International Limited, the App, our users and any third party we interact with the to provide the App.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking/ticking certain tick boxes we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using our contact details set out below.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below. The cookies we use include “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the App when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our App works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.